Tangerine is original from Morocco and part of the Citrus family. We use Tangerine skin in Sade Baron product as they are full of nutrients, healthy compounds - such as antioxidants, vitamin A, C, E, K which are found in high concentration particular in the skin. It also is good for the skin health due to it’s anti-inflammatory, reduces redness and swelling of the skin. In addition it’s a great natural remedy for blemishes.
Here some benefits of Tangerine Peel and Flesh:
- Rich Antioxidants an amazing source for Vitamins for the body. Tangerine are high in Vitamin C which makes it excellent source of antioxidants. These antioxidants help reduce inflammation and prevent the development of free radical in the body.
- The peel of tangerine helps relieve symptoms of skin conditions and keeping the body staying youthful. High levels of Vitamin A in the peel can help with blemishes, acne and minor skin issues.
- The vitamin C in the tangerine also is to support the production of collagen in the skin, collagen is protein which makes the skin supple.
- For centuries oil the tangerine peels is used to stimulate and promote good digestions, and a sedative / control muscle contraction in the body.
- Tangerine Peel is excellent source of fiber.
This is an effort in reducing food waste and finding new alternatives to use Mother Nature gifts in clever and sustainable ways. Our Sir Mud Bar Cleanser contains Tangerine powder which is hydrated and ground into fine powder, and then added to our soap batch.