Ingredient Story: Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera plant has been used for thousands of years to heal skin and repair a variety of conditions, most notably burns, wounds, and skin irritations. It is grown in locations South Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Aloe was one of the most frequently prescribed medicines throughout majority of the 18th and 19th centuries and it remains one of the most commonly used herbs in the North America today.⠀
Aloe is 99 percent water, aloe gel also contains substances known as glycoproteins and polysaccharides. Glycoproteins speed the healing process by stopping pain and inflammation while polysaccharides stimulate skin growth and repair.
5 Ways to Use Aloe Vera for Body Care:
- It helps with wounds, burns and offers a natural layer over the skin which speeds up healing.
- Calms and soothes itchy skin that scales this can be chronic dryness, skin conditions such as psoriasis.
- Heals painful blemishes and cold sores and offers a soothing feeling.
- Treats constipation it is a natural laxative, offers relief.
- Aloe Vera is anti-inflammatory and has the benefits to help with digestion, balance ph, decrease yeast formation and normalize acid and alkaline.
Our all our Body Mist, and Body Souffle body care products contain Aloe Vera plant and juice. Aloe Vera is such a versatile ingredient that really helps to activate the skins ability to heal and restore. It's completely natural, vegan and safe to ingest, and that's we love using it.