5 ways to improve Dehydrated Skin
How does someone recognize if their skin is dehydrated?
What is Dehydrated Skin?
What does it mean when skin is so dry it is actually Dehydrated? Dehydrated skin is a clear indicator that the skin is lacking water. Some symptoms can be dry feeling, increased sensitivity, redness and itchy looking. The overall complexion of your skin may appear uneven and skin isn’t as radiant.
Dehydration can also be caused by weather, environmental, smoking, caffeine, alcohol and irregular sleep, diet, all of which can result in reduced water content within the skin.
Dehydrated skin is relatively easy to treat, here are some recommendations.
- Drink Water: First major step is to increase your water intake. Start with the eight glasses of water per day and that if you don’t drink enough water already. Depending on your body and activity levels, drinking more than eight glasses a day would be suggested. Ask your physician what amount would be appropriate for you.
- Dry Brush or Exfoliation: Exfoliation with a dry brush or exfoliating body scrub cloth which will remove the dead skin cells, which allows your body moisturizers to work better. Dead skin build up can diminish the absorption of moisturizers.
- Weather: Seasonal changes can also really affect the way your skin appears and behaves, in particularly harsh winters, low humidity can cause skin to dry out and become itchy, cracked and erupted. Cold air tightens pores and reduces circulations. Other contributors are low humidity, hot showers, and central heat, which is why its so important to create winter-regime vs a warmer-regime.
- Humidifier: Getting a humidifier in your office or home, keeps the air humid so your skin doesn’t release moisture.
- Hydrating Moisturizer: Second is to seal your skin with a moisturizer that offers an extra boost of moisture, to seal vitamins, hydration and nutrients. A body Souffle offers a rich, deep hydration. We recommend Anchor citrus body moisturizer. For a quick top off, keep a mist handy throughout the day and use hydrating moisturizer.
View all of our body moisturizers to heal and repair Dehydrated Skin.