An Introduction to Body Oil
What is Body Oil?
Body oil is a smooth, thick, concentrated, nutritious topical liquid. Often clear or semi-transparent. The best moisturizing body oils are crafted with organic ingredients or infused with roots, flowers, leaves, seeds, fruits with medicinal properties.
It's important to find the right oil for your skin type. Body oils have the false reputation of being greasy and difficult to apply. In reality, some body oils can feel too greasy because it does not match your skin type. Climate and humidity in your region are also factors.
Our Tai, natural body oil contains vegan superfats, without the heavy layer of grease.
Body Oil vs Body Lotion?
Body oils are more versatile! A great way to seal in hydration after a bath. Body oils are also extremely nourishing, and its resemblance to the skin's natural oils make application a very comfortable experience.
Body lotions contain more water, and as a result, can penetrate the skin. A body lotion is a great choice for every day hydration. Smaller-sized body lotions are also good for on-the-go application. However, they may not deliver the extent of nourishment that can be found in a body oil.
When to Use Body Oil
- Add to bath water. A few drops of body oil in a warm bath produces not only a luxurious feeling, but also a deeper, more lasting moisturizing effect.
- Apply after a shower. Body oil should be used on the body when you have toweled off all the large water droplets, and are still slightly damp. When applied to a damp body, the oil will seep into the skin effortlessly, and keep you feeling soft for longer.
- Use it as a massage oil. Sore arms, backs, and legs benefit from a massage with body oil. If the body oil includes superfats with anti-inflammatory properties, you will feel even more refreshed.
- Use before shaving. Applying a little oil before and after shaving will ensure that your skin is not irritated by razor blades.
- As a makeup primer. For some skin types, especially dry skin types, a little bit of body oil applied on the skin reduces the look of fine lines and makes the face appear plump and hydrated. Wait for the oil to be fully absorbed after application, before applying makeup and setting powder.
- Improve the appearance of stretch marks and scars. Marks caused by weight changes, pregnancy, or surgeries are difficult memories of trauma on the skin. Keeping these parts of the body hydrated improve healing. With hydration, blood flow and renewal of cells in these scarred parts improves. Using body oil daily keeps skin supple and can reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
- For a luxurious feeling. For those who are not irritated or allergic to scents, a body oil's greatest appeal is its lasting aroma. When applied to the body, it can purify your senses and provide a sense of calm and relaxation. Choose oils which have natural, rather than synthetic scents composed of essential oils.
Scented or Fragrance-Free Body Oil?
Natural fragrances can add an experience of relaxation for people who are not allergic.
Did you know, that many products marked as unscented actually contain irritating scents? Rather, look for products which say fragrance-free. Unscented products can include masking agents which mask other odours, whereas fragrance-free products do not contain traces of irritating fragrances at all.
For sensitive skin, fragrance-free body oil is a better solution. It can provide the superfats needed to hydrate and heal the skin, without producing additional irritation. Learn more about how to care for your sensitive skin here.
Our Tai Body Oil is suitable for sensitive skin types, as it is fragrance-free, feather light, non-greasy, and packed with nutrients.
- Cold Pressed. All the ingredients of the Tai Body Oil were cold pressed. Cold pressing involves crushing fruits, seeds, or plants and forcing out the oils through pressure. Because the raw ingredients are not exposed to heat, more nutrients are retained.
- Can be used on face and hair. Because of its gentle formula, it can also be used after bathing for creating a dewy complexion or as an after-shower leave-in conditioner for hair.
- Highly nutritious. Containing Calendula, Jojoba Oil, Meadowfoam Oil, Broccoli Seed Oil, Comfrey Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Camellia Seed Oil, Oat Oil, Apricot Oil, Olive Squalane, Prickly Pear Oil, Sea Buckthorn Oil, and Vitamin E.
- Perfect for every skin type. Calendula, and Prickly Pear Oil are ingredients which help reduce inflammation and boost blood flow to the skin surface. Therefore, it is suitable for sensitive skin types.
- Not synthetic. Tai Body Oil is composed of 100% natural, vegan ingredients. It does not contain silicones, parabens mineral oil, palm oil, petrochemicals, parabens, polyethylene, sulfates, synthetic dyes, synthetic fragrances, GMOs, DEA/TEA, gluten, animal by-products, or alcohol.