Salves, a simple skin savior
Created to soothe your skin.
What is a salve?
A good salve, or balm, is filled with the essence of ingredients which boost healing, boost circulation, reduce pain, and protect damaged skin.
Created by blending oils and superfats with powerful healing effects, salves and balms are an infusion of botanical nutrients into a shelf-stable form.
At the warmth of a finger, it softens, becoming spreadable.
Unlike body moisturizers— such as lotions, creams, and body soufflés— a true salve contains no water. This allows it to directly impart healing nutrients to damaged skin through oil as the medium.
A savior for troubled skin
Because their purpose is to repair and heal, salves are good for any skin type or condition. Even if you are not aware of it, you may have used a type of salve before. Perhaps the first time that you got a burn, or over chapped lips.
At the end of the day, balms and salves are lifesaver, keeper products. They last long. They can be applied to any part of the body, be used in a large quantity without harm, be used to boost natural healing of wounds, and even provide anti-septic, anti-bacterial benefits.
These all-over body care items are essential to have. Specifically designed for skin in trouble, it consistently soothes, nourishes, and repairs even the most distressed skin.
Free of fillers or unnecessary fragrance
A salve typically has a mild or non-existent smell, or simply smells of its natural ingredients. This is good! It reflects the basic purpose of this skincare product. When properly made, salves contain no water, no chemical fragrances, and no irritating essential oils.
Filler is a beauty industry term describing ingredients which add no value to the product. Simply put, a filler ingredient may change an item's texture or lubrication but only adds weight to your body care product, without adding benefits to your body. At times, filler ingredients may even worsen your skin over time.
Salves should not have fillers or additional fragrances— it defeats the purpose!
Suitable for every skin type
When designing what goes into a new salve, one important question we consider at Sade Baron is: will someone with sensitive skin be able to enjoy this?
Making a product suitable for every skin type means ensuring that the product:
- Does not cause breakouts.
- Moisturizes, yet is not greasy or heavy.
- Absorbs evenly.
- Free of essential oils, chemical fragrances, or fragrance masking agents.
- Contains carefully chosen restorative superfats and nutrients.
- Is effective, yet gentle.
- Suits the natural pH of the skin, which is around 4.5 pH.
- Never worsens existing conditions (flaking, irritation, redness, cracking)
Using the Bond Body Salve
Made for every skin type, texture, color, and condition, our Bond Body Salve can be used daily or sparingly, on every part of the body.
Use the salve for troubled skin.
The salve can be applied anywhere on your body that needs some love!
We recommend using the Bond Body Salve for:
- Soothing extreme flakiness, itchiness, cracking, or irritation.
- A wound that has healed closed, but may have a scab or only a thin and vulnerable skin layer, to help reduce scarring.
- To protect and moisturize over a mild burn after cleaning (not openly bleeding).
- Aiding repair for skin that has been stretched and irritated by insect bites.
- Over a baby tummy, to keep it soft and moisturized, boosting the skin's ability to retain its natural shape and prevent stretch marks.
- Mixing with or layering below regular lotions if you suffer from chronically dry and itchy skin.
- Applying over ripped nail cuticles, cracking heels and elbows, or dry and peeling skin.
- Oat Oil: Provides massive relief for those suffering from itchy skin, or skin irritated by a fungal infection. Calms inflammation. Rich in vitamin E, Omega-3, Omega-6, other fatty acids, and antioxidants. Protects from pollutants.
- Kokum Butter: Is rich in essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and is antibacterial. Forms a protective barrier on top of dry, cracked skin. Especially effective on elbows and knees. Softens the skin and repairs damage skin.
- Calendula Herbal Oil: Shown to help wounds heal faster, possibly by increasing blood flow and oxygen to the affected area, which helps the body grow new tissue. It is also used to improve skin hydration and firmness, as well as the minor infections they cause.
- Camellia Oil: Absorbs quickly and promotes cell growth. Retains moisture keeping skin soft and smooth.
- Mango Butter: High source of essential fatty acids and antioxidants. Treats dry and dehydrated skin.